Monday, June 13, 2011

A Touch Worth A Thousand Words

I bake quite a bit as most know. And if I'm not baking, I'm crafting. I do this at night and it is the time I have to myself, quiet, calm and very peaceful. But this is also the time that I like to take to sit outside when it is nice and cool.


I just sit, think and relax. I usually pray and reflect. Of course my prayers include Kristopher and the rest of 1/3. 


Tonight I was having a tough time and missing him a lot. He knows I miss him, and I know he misses me. However, we don't make it a daily thing to say because well..we can't change him being gone so we choose to focus on happy, positive things. But I can't avoid it tonight. There is one thing I miss about him a whole lot. His touch.


And I don't mean anything sexual by that. I mean those subtle, loving touches. The way he holds my hand or holds me at night. I was going through our "engagement" photos (they ended up being our first photos as Husband and Wife, other than our wedding day) and I noticed the way we touched each other. 


Sometimes I'm afraid that I've actually forgotten the way he feels. Most people feel their loved ones first thing in the morning and lastly at night. But I don't. I go months and many months before I get to feel his embrace. I'm not asking anyone to feel bad for me or anything like that because we wouldn't change our life. I've never been happier. The time apart from each other really helps us appreciate each other beyond belief. 


Kristopher's touch is this strong feeling. I can't completely explain it. His hands cover mine and his arms fit perfectly around me. I'm so blessed to have these photos that capture it for me.











I miss him something fierce. I can't wait to feel his embrace again..



Photos Courtesy of Roza Bella Photography:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews