Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cookies In A Jar: Kabul Kookies

I attempted cookies in a jar after coming to the conclusion that K will soon get tired of getting cakes. Boring old cakes. So, I expanded and thought outside of the jar! Cookies!! So here are some photos from my first attempt.



It worked out decently but took a little more time to prep and the cookies baked at different rates causing some to be soggier than others. 

Back to the drawing board I went!

:)

How do I get cookies in a jar without having to layer? Well, I'll share the secret! It was much simpler than I thought! Sometimes I tend to over think, my husband even tells me so ;) haha


Kabul Kookies 
Makes: 12-20 Cookies (Fits into 2 pint size jars or one Quart size jar)
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 20 min

What do you need:
1. WIDE MOUTH JARS! Normally with batter you can get away with the smaller mouth jars, but I highly recommend wide mouth unless you plan on making some tiny cookies. Just trust me and get wide mouth ;)
2. Cookie mix of your choice
3. Tongs (either metal or plastic) **OPTIONAL
Yup, just the two things needed (last is optional) & what ever ingredients the mix calls for. I told you I'd make it as simple as possible! :)


It's KOOKIE time!

1. Pre-heat to 350-375 (According to cookie recipe)

2. Mix cookie dough according to recipe 

TIP: When scooping dough onto pan, I use a tablespoon. It seems to make the perfect sized cookies for the jars

3. Bake according to recipe

4. Once cookies are done, set them aside



 5. Oven must be at least 375 degrees (higher is okay), place EMPTY jar into the oven for 15-20 min

6. Boil tops while jar is heating up in oven.


(As I took this picture, Ellie kept saying "Momma! That's Hot! You're going to hurt yourself!" haha)

7. After the 15-20 min of heating the jar, place cookies in the jar. 

TIP: This is where the tongs come in handy. It'll help put the cookies inside without burning your hands on the sides of the hot jar!

8. Once jar is full of cookies, twist on top and place at the back of the oven (it tends to be the warmest spot). It'll seal as normal.


Ta-Da! Cookies in a jar. Completely sealed and freshy goodness!

You can also use this to do brownie bites

Elizabeth wanted her spongebob cup to be included. I placed the box behind for those who wanted to know what I used. Philsbury Brownie Mini mix.


I want to hear feedback from the cookies! If you make them, feel free to share! :)

Next Up:
COBBLER! :) Yup, that's right!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews