Sunday, July 3, 2011

Friendship is like peeing your pants...

Today I got to spend some time with my best friend, Kristi (or as everyone who knows her well, "Sissy") and her little family. Like always, as soon as Elizabeth sees Sissy, Lewis & Colton she gets beyond excited. She just loves her "handsome" (Colton).

We get settled in and I start to BBQ (after my failed attempt to heat/prep the coals). We chat about pointless yet funny things, talk about their upcoming trip to Hawaii *crossing fingers* and our kiddos.

You see, Lewis & Sissy asked me to be the God Mother to Colton while he was still brewing in Sissy's belly. Of course I was so excited and honored to be asked! So my little family became a bit bigger. And I couldn't be happier about it.

So, I rejoiced in spending that time with them and just loved every minute.

Well, there is a point to this blog and that point is just to brag for a minute. :)

As much as military spouses say "civilian friends just don't get it", in my case its just not true (blah, that dreadful "C" word).  Sissy has been beyond amazing with all the stuff I have laid thick on her, she let's me talk aimlessly about K and is there when I have my "oh shit" moments. I've really come to realize that you just can't buy this type of friendship! Excuse me, best friendship! ;)

We've been best friends since 3rd grade. While we had our short "break" we would presume as if no time had ever passed after being together again. She has been my rock more than I can count and I only hope I have been able to be that for her!

When I come to her with problems she doesn't just agree with me and tell me what I "want" to hear. She is rational and mature in all her advice. We've grown so much since 3rd grade (obviously hah) and better yet, we've grown together!

Through puberty, awkward middle school, dramatic high school and now beautiful motherhood, we've been at each others side.

So there it is. My brag. I just might have the bestest (yea yea, not a word) friend ever.

Like the bracelet I gave her today says, "Best Friends are Like Stars" because you don't always see them, but you know they're always there.

So this blog is to her. :) Small and invaluable. But still her's nonetheless.

Here's to a friendship that will lead to two old ladies pushing walkers with hot pink tennis balls attached to the legs. Who knows, maybe even some flames painted on them and dice dangling. ;)

       Here are some photos to giggle at (well, probably laugh hysterically at) :) Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews